Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I know that Christ Died for me, But what Exactly did he Suffer for Me

      Yes, Christ died for me but just what exactly did he suffer for ME? We have been told to "liken" the scriptures to ourselves, and this is why...

      In the Book of Mormon there is a man who talks about what Christ's Atonement is. Alma 7:11-13 says this:
 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.
 13 Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

      Now we can change this a bit to make it personal to us.
11. And he shall go forth, suffering MY pains which are .... and MY afflictions which are... and My temptations which are...; and this that the word might be fulfulled which saith he will take upon him MY pains and MY sicknesses.

12. And he will take upon him death/fear, that he may loose the bands of death/ fear which hold me down; and he will take upon him my imperfections, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to how it is that I feel, that he may know by my way of thinking how to succor (bring) me unto him according to my imperfections.

13. Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to exactly what I am going through. this, so that he will know how to take upon him my sins, that he might blot our my transgressins according to his deliverance. and now this is the testimony (the things I know to be true) which is in me.

      Go back through this and fill in the blanks with what we are going through. Then we will understand what it is that He exactly went through for each on of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment