Thursday, May 24, 2012

Why Do I Not Get The Blessings That I Ask For





       Does God love them more than me? Does He bless others more than me because I'm not as good as them? Why do I not get the blessings that I ask for?

       So many of us ask ourselves these questions hoping that our Father in Heaven will  listen in and help us out more. When in reality He is there waiting for us to allow him to enter in.

       Just as a furnished house or temple has the electricity hooked up already to go, we too have the love of God  all hooked up and ready to be turned on. The light switch is like a dial where we can turn the brightness of the light up or dim it down according to our pleasure. We can make our temple within as bright as we want or as dark as we want.

      Christ is the light of the world. Light casts out darkness. His and His father's love for us is infinite. As we follow Their counsel we are turning up the light. As we do so the peace, joy, patience, and love that they have for us enters in, and casts out all the stress, fear, anger, and doubt that darkness fills us with.

       Does God love 'them' more than me?...Not a chance. Does He bless 'others' more than me because I'm not like 'them'?...Only if we let Him. Why do I not get the blessings that I ask for?... I don't know, why don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment